Here are Dialsmith’s recommended minimum requirements for a computer running the
Perception Analyzer system:
- Either a notebook or desktop computer
- Running Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10
- Solid-state drive (SSD) recommended for speed, but not required
- Intel i5 process or faster
- 8.0 GB RAM or more
- Two available USB-2 or USB-3 ports. One for Console and one for an external display adapter. USB-3 ports are faster and always recommended when available.
- One or more additional USB ports are recommended for a mouse, flash memory, or other third-party peripherals you may want to connect to your computer.
Most any modern Windows-based computer brand will be just fine. If you’d like to provide us with the make and model of your computer we’ll be happy to confirm that it meets all required and recommended specifications.
Perception Analyzer software may be run on an Apple computer using an Intel processor and operating Windows natively via Apple’s Bootcamp dual-boot drive partition utility. Perception Analyzer will not run in a Windows virtualization application (such as Parallels or VM Fusion) on an Apple computer.
It may be useful to have video conversion software on your computer in case you need to make any edits to video format for use with the Perception Analyzer software.
We recommend the following video conversion tools, but please be careful when downloading and make sure you do not download any “extra” programs (like tool bars, search bots, etc.) during the install process. These tools are notorious for packing in that extra stuff that you may not want.
Here are two tools we use for conversion:
We hope this information helps. If you have any questions, please check the other Support sections to the right or CONTACT US and we’ll give you a hand.